AMENIA FIRE DISTRICT
BOARD OF FIRE COMMISSIONERS
SEPT. 22, 2016
36 Mechanic Street, Amenia
WASSAIC FIRE DISTRICT
BOARD OF FIRE COMMISSIONERS
SEPT. 22, 2016
27 FIREHOUSE RD
WASSAIC, NY 12592
Saturdays, Sept.17th – Dec. 10th
10:00 am - 2:00 pm at the Amenia Town Hall
The Town of Amenia is pleased to present its free performing arts program on Saturdays, September 17th – December 10 , 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. Instructor Jill Winsby-Fein welcomes 2nd – 12th grade students to star in a Talent and Variety Show to be performed on December 9 and December 10 as part of Amenia’s Holiday of Lights celebration.
The program begins on Saturday, September 17 at the Amenia Town Hall at 10:00 am. Students should arrive with an idea of an act or talent they might be interested in contributing, but the workshops will be a collaborative effort between instructor and participants to create a show highlighting the varied talents of Amenia’s youth. Acts may be as diverse as a lip-syncing werewolf, to a group of pirouetting ballerinas, or a rock band. Each workshop will begin with a warm-up and proceed to development of individual and group acts. There will be full cast dance numbers, set construction, costume and prop building, and group participation in the development of the story and script which frame the show.
Click Here to Download the Form
Amenia Historical Society event September 25, 2016 ~ Life of Susan Nye Hutchison
Dutchess Community College
Llame para mas information (845)431-8901
In Recital on the organ at
Smithfield Presbyterian Church
September 17, 2016 at 3:30
Pie Baking Contest
At Indian Rock Schoolhouse Community Day
September 17, 2016
• All pies delivered at the schoolhouse gate after 9:00 am on Saturday, September 17th.
• Label Pie Plate and provide a file card with your name, phone number and type of pie. Specify any local fruit or products used.
• 3 Prizes awarded by Freshtown (Amenia)
Slices of all pies will be sold after lunch for $2 per slice to benefit the Harlem Valley Chamber of Commerce.
ANNUAL PICNIC AND COMMUNITY DAY
Saturday, September 17, 2016
11:00am to 3:00 pm
Games & Demos, displays, pie baking contest, music,
Lions Club BBQ chicken dinner, free cake.
Enjoy stories & games in the schoolhouse & live animals.
Plus a Giant Raffle!!!
karate classes at town hall
Please Take Notice that a Special Meeting of the Board of Fire Commissioners of the Wassaic Fire District will be held on September 1, 2016 at the Wassaic Fire District firehouse at 27 Firehouse Road, Wassaic New York at 6:30 PM.
The purpose of the special meeting is for the Wassaic Fire District Board of Fire Commissioners to discuss:
1. 2017 Wassaic Fire District Budget;
2. Continuation of present contract with private ambulance service for the year 2017;
3. Any other business.
The meeting may be adjourned from time to time as necessary.
The Board of Fire Commissioners regular meetings are held on the Second Thursday of each month at 6:30pm at the Wassaic Fire District firehouse.
All meetings of the Board of Fire Commissioners are open to the public.
The Board of Fire Commissioners encourages the public to attend the Board’s meetings.
Board of Fire Commissioners
Wassaic Fire District
August 11, 2016
The Town of Amenia will hold a public hearing on October 6, 2016 at 7 p.m. to consider projects under the 2016 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program administered by Dutchess County. All interested organizations and citizens are urged to attend this public hearing to voice ideas regarding proposed projects, which must meet with the CDBG program priorities while addressing the community’s needs.
The Town of Amenia will consider projects that meet with the main program objective of the program which is to benefit low to moderate income persons.
Dawn Marie Klingner, Town Clerk
Planning Board Meeting scheduled for Wednesday, August 10, 2016 has been cancelled due to no agenda.
OPEN POSITIONS: TOWN OF AMENIA
The Town of Amenia is seeking applications for the paid position of Planning Board Secretary.
Application Deadline: Noon, August 18, 2016
Drought Watch Issued by the NYSDEC
New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) Commissioner Basil Seggos today issued a drought watch for the entire state of New York following consultation with the State Drought Management Task Force and Federal partner agencies.
A watch is the first of four levels of state drought advisories ("watch," "warning," "emergency" and "disaster"). There are no statewide mandatory water use restrictions in place under a drought watch. However, local public water suppliers may require such measures depending upon local needs and conditions. The last drought watch in New York State was issued in 2002.
Observed precipitation has been less than normal with shortfalls of 4 to 8 inches common over the last 90 days. The dry weather dates back to the October 1st start of the "water year" and is beginning to significantly affect other water metrics. Stream flows and groundwater levels are well below normal throughout much of the state. Groundwater levels were seasonally worse in June compared to May and they are not expected to improve in the immediate future due to the existing precipitation deficit. For more detailed drought information, please visit DEC's website.
The following are some conservation tips that homeowners can take to voluntarily reduce their water usage:
- Fix dripping and leaking faucets and toilets. A faucet leaking 30 drops per minute wastes 54 gallons a month.
- Raise your lawn mower cutting height. Longer grass needs less water.
- If your community allows watering, water lawns and gardens on alternate mornings instead of every day. Less frequent watering will develop grass with deeper roots, and early morning watering minimizes evaporation.
- When using automatic lawn watering systems, override the system in wet weather or use a rain gauge to control when and how much water to use. A fixed watering schedule wastes water. Irrigate only when needed.
- Sweep sidewalks and steps rather than hosing them. Eliminating a weekly 5-minute pavement hose-down could save between 625 and 2500 gallons of water per year depending on the flow rate.
For more water saving tips, visit DEC's website.
NYSDOH Drought Advice
REMINDER FOR PUBLIC WATER SYSTEMS! As we enter another dry summer following prior dry months, please remember the following tips:
- Review Emergency Response Plans for drought response measures; make sure information contact numbers are all up-to-date.
- Check water levels in sources/wells and re-assess operational and management plans.
- Consider repairing leaking water mains sooner rather than later.
- Educate the public about the importance of water conservation and repairing leaky household fixtures.
- Review Community Water Conservation Measures, Triggers, Responses, and Enforcement Plans for appropriateness; revise if necessary.
- Discuss any concerns with your local health department.
- Consider information at the following resources:
Please take notice that the Amenia Town Board of the Town of Amenia, County of Dutchess, New York will hold its meetings for the year 2016 on the First and Third Thursday of each month at 7:00 o’clock P.M.; the Amenia Planning Board will hold its meetings on the Second and Fourth Wednesday of the month at 7:00P.M. and the Zoning Board of Appeals will hold its meetings on the Third Monday at 7:00P.M of the month- on such day at the Amenia Town Hall, 4988 Route 22, Amenia, New York, and beginning in January.
All meetings are open to the public.
This notice is being posted in accordance with the provisions of Section 94 of the public Officers Law of the State of New York.
Dawn Marie Klingner
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
TAKE NOTICE that the Town Board of the Town of Amenia will hold a public hearing at the Town Hall, 4988 Route 22, Amenia, New York on November 5 , 2015 at 7:00 o’clock p.m., on Proposed Local Law No.1 of 2015, entitled “Local Law Amending the Code of the Town of Amenia by Adding a New Chapter 119 entitled “Water” and Establishing Rules and Regulations Governing Installation of Water Mains, Service Connections, and Other Equipment and/or Fixtures in the Town Water District, and Any Extensions Thereof, and Concerning Other Matters of the Public Water Supply in the Town of Amenia”;
TAKE FURTHER NOTICE, that copies of the aforesaid proposed local law will be available for examination at the Town of Amenia Town Hall, 4988 Route 22, Amenia, New York, during normal business hours on all business days between the date of this notice and the date of the public hearing. TAKE FURTHER NOTICE, that all persons interested and citizens shall have an opportunity to be heard on said proposal at the time and place aforesaid. Dated: Amenia, New York
October 15, 2015
DAWN MARIE KLINGNER, TOWN CLERK
The following information regarding Silo Ridge is available on their website:
Preliminary Site Plan and Subdivision Documents
Amended Master Development Plan Documents
Master Plan and Special Use Permit Documents
State Environmental Quality Review Act (SEQRA) Documents
Monday, May 12, 2014
Links to Documents:
- Silo Ridge Preliminary Site Plan - Phase 1 and Subdivision Documents (March 6, 2014)
- Silo Ridge Amended Master Development Plan and Special Use Permit Documents (March 6, 2014)
- Silo Ridge Revised Environmental Assessment Form
- Silo Ridge Master Development Plan submitted as complete 12/2/09 (Supersedes previous MDP submittals)
- Silo Ridge Master Development Plan and Special Use Permit Application 3/30/09 (Supersedes 4/03/08 MDP)
- Silo Ridge Final Environmental Impact Statement 9/16/08
- Silo Ridge Master Development Plan 4/03/08 (Outdated and superseded by March 30, 2009 MDP)
- Silo Ridge Preliminary Master Development Plan 2/7/08
- Silo Ridge Draft Environmental Impact Statement 10/4/07
A link to this information can also be found on the Planning Board page.